Wednesday, August 27, 2008

#2 Moleskine Notebook - $10


A Moleskine notebook may seem like an extremely small gift, but they are lovely. I once bought a pack of Moleskine Small Cahiers for my mother-in-law for her shopping lists, memory lists, etc. and she absolutely loved them. These cahiers are the same as Hemmingway used to write his novels. He talks about these notebooks in The Garden of Eden.

I bought my Moleskine Pocket Journal a couple of years ago to write essays and just the thought of it makes me smile. It is so well-crafted and at the same time so commonplace it just fits. It used to be trendy for self-proclaimed world-travelers to take a fresh pocket journal for every trip in order to paste in keepsakes, produce sketches, and write about the culture. Currently, Moleskine has a line of Journals tailored to this with pre-printed info on the city of your choice.

All said, for a gift, the Moleskine Pocket Journal is the best, but for everyday use, I use the Moleskine Small Cahiers. I keep all my notes for work and from meetings in these. I can't say enough about them.


Photo: RippleMDK

No comments: