Wednesday, August 27, 2008

#1 Holga 120 CFN Camera - $46

I was a photo major for five minutes of college - it only took two weddings to talk me out of it. But photography has remained important in my life, but my medium-format camera went kaputt and I find myself drawn to the Holga.


Photo: Fensterbme

The Holga 120 CFN is a cheap, plastic camera made in China. It costs only $46 from B&H, but can be had from other places on the net for a bit less.

It's images are ghostly and amazingly beautiful. Its pictures of modern-day things look anachronistic - the photos look too old to have a picture of a modern car in them.

Here are a few examples:


Photo: BravusMan


Photo: Black Custard

There is even a 35mm attachment for those who just want to go to the photomat and have their pictures developed.


Photo: Slim Jim

$45 for that kind of beauty is an amazing value!

Got a little extra coin? Here is a splurge: Holga Starter Kit for $70. It comes with a couple extra accessories and a very nice manual.

No comments: